Get Started

The Defined Contribution Plans are a great way to prepare for your future—and State of Connecticut employees can enroll at any time! Please review the eligibility details for each plan below, then click the appropriate link to enroll online for the Deferred Compensation 457 Plan or the 403(b) Plan, or by downloading, completing and returning the PDF form. Please have your pay stub, which includes your employee ID, ready when enrolling. Review the Prudential Payroll Cutoff Date Schedule. PDF file opens in new window

Municipality, School District or Probate Court employees: Please see special instructions for completing enrollment.

Want assistance? Contact your on-site retirement counselor.

Deferred Compensation 457 Plan

Who is eligible? Any State employee or any individual performing paid services for the State either by appointment or election, except rehired retirees and nonresident aliens.

Enroll Online Enroll by Paper

403(b) Plan

Who is eligible? Common-law employees of a State educational institution or hospital who receive compensation (other than a pension, severance, retainer or fee under contract). Employees of these agencies may participate:

  • University of Connecticut, including the University of Connecticut Health Center
  • State universities, including the Board of Regents
  • Community-technical colleges including the Board of Regents
  • Department of Higher Education
  • Department of Education, including the vocational-technical high schools
  • Unified School District No. 1 of the Department of Corrections
  • Unified School District No. 2 of the Department of Children and Families
  • Unified School District No. 3 of the Department of Developmental Services
  • Riverview Hospital of the Department of Children and Families
  • Board of Academic Awards
  • Connecticut Valley Hospital
  • Greater Bridgeport Community Mental Health Center
  • Connecticut Mental Health Center
  • Southwest Connecticut Mental Health System
  • Capitol Region Mental Health Center of the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services

Enroll OnlineEnroll by Paper

Alternate Retirement Program (ARP)

Who is eligible? Unclassified employees of a constituent unit of the State system of higher education, as well as the Department of Higher Education's central office staff, may participate in the ARP.

Enroll by Paper

Tier IV Defined Contribution Plan

Who is eligible? Tier IV employees who were hired on or after July 31, 2017, and are enrolled in Tier IV of the State Employees Retirement System (SERS) or the Tier IV Hybrid Plan.

Enroll by Paper